Friday, August 4, 2017

The Time We Were "Over the Hill"

A lot has been happening in our lives lately and we haven't had as much time to train for Kilimanjaro as we would like, but this is a video diary I put together of one of our longer recent ones:



Other things happening in our lives this summer:

1) We are now proud river tube owners. We saw that you could BUY a two pack of tubes at Costco for the same price as RENTING one tube for a day. So now we own four. We tested them out by tubing the Provo River. Some strangers borrowed our pump and gave us root beer as a thank you. Turns out our tubes have cup holders and headrests so we were floating and sipping in style.

2) Bryan continues to both work on school and go on trucking runs a lot. In the time that's left, he has continued with the spoon carving mentioned in our firework video. He has now carved something like a dozen rustic spoons out of everything from Black Walnut to Mountain Mahogany.

3) I have now shot 2/3 of a short film which I am both directing and starring in. It is wicked stressful and the experience is kicking my trash. There will probably be an entire entry on that later.

4) I'm continuing to work on selling my first novel and now gearing up to start on the second. I've written the first chapter and am now in the exploring/outlining phase. This second one is vastly different from the first and I'm excited to get going on it.

That's it for now. This blog is somewhat neglected, but it's because we're busy living life so I'm ok with that.

Still on the schedule for the rest of the summer before we leave are Lone Peak, Timp, and King's Peak. If anyone has any insider tips for them, let us know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment